Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mud for me and you and Blue Dog too.

Aths NSW Cross Country Relays at Miranda Park this afternoon. Males ran after the Women and Juniors races so the course was a mud bath. It was brilliant. Mud up to your ankles and that was on the dry bits.
The course is good in the dry but today hell! Mud all the way through the 2k laps.

I was in a Striders 35+ team consisting of James Jeffery, CR Silverfox, EJ and myself.
Lucky for me I went first so I could get it over and done with. First lap was about 8:20 and finished in 16:52 I think. No medals for our team. Hot competition in the 35-44 age group.

I think Tim Rowe smashed the course in sub 12. Ran like it was dry weather. And Steve Thurston and Ben St Lawrence were also in the same team for St George. Naturally they took the Open A gold.

A fun afternoon in the mud and my old racing flats have been sent to a better place. Sorry Kev. Blue Dog's 45+ team of hacks won a gold.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Blue Dog should have taken his mum out to watch. A good mud-pack would have done wonders for her complexion.