Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jack Carter Cup - 1st team

Solo and team event at my surf club this morning. A nice sea fog tried to hide the heat for part of the race.
Our swimmer was out of the water first passing to the ski paddler who maintained the position until about 1k from the finish of the paddle.

My run from 2nd place with 1st about 300m up the beach when I went off. The sand was nice and hard for most of the run. Only 1.9ks which I did in 7:50. Yes my contribution doesn't have much effect on the team. I nearly caught 1st place, passing to the board paddler with about 50m to make up.

The board paddler chased hard and caught 1st place as he had problems at one of the beach breaks they go in and out of. The team came in 1st for our sixth win in a row. The ski paddler wants to retire, and I said not until we lose. So back next year for another go. The trophy was another pair of sun glasses.

I love a win on Australia Day. One of my brothers birthdays as well.

No comments: