Monday, December 11, 2006

What a Cracker

What a cracker of a thunderstorm tonight. Started off around the trail in Centennial Park and lasted about ten minutes before the rain came in.
It was brilliant, lightning, thunder, strong wind and pelting rain. Only lasted about 20 minutes but it was excellent to run in. I think I was the only nutter I saw out running. The shoes are now coated in mud.

It was in fact a recovery run. Legs felt great inspite of yesterdays 26ks.
I ran 7.05ks in 38:23. Average pace of 5:26 per klm.

And apparently the results for the Central Coast Half say that I only ran 84:40. So no sub 4min/half. I'll get it next time.

2 comments:

2P said...

I'm a wimp - I scampered home with my tail between my legs at the first sign of lightning.

Good desensitisation for your shoes for Six Foot - with all the water crossings and dirt - no matter what colour they are now they will be dark grey/black when you finish :-)

Ewen said...

And full of sand after swimming the Cox's River ;)