Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Marathon Pace Run 11ks

Ok I know its early to be doing this one, considering the next road one is at Canberra in April.
I did 3 laps of the running track in Centennial Park. Really windy tonight it was hard work when I had to run into it. A strong North-Easter blowing waiting for the Southerly to come through late tonight.

My splits were 14:46(3:57/k), 14:42(3:56/k), 15:10(4:03/k).
I knew after that last one blewout that I should stop. The total was 11.2ks in 44:38. Average pace of 3:59 per klm.

And yes I'll admit the Goal Marathon Pace for Canberra maybe 4 min ks. But don't get too excited, as I just want to get under 3 hours first.

Saw Guz and Knoxy running around the park. They were going faster than me while cruising around on the grass. What talent!

4 comments:

Jen said...

OK, I'll try not to get too excited ;-)

BTW how did the date go ?? :-)

Tesso said...

You just have to keep that pace up for another 31k :-)

2P said...

Once you get those Six Foot hills into your legs 4min k's at Canberra will be a breeze......

Ewen said...

6' will have to be easy or you'll be cactus at Canberra.

I'm thinking 4:06s would be a better goal pace - unless you suddenly run a sub-82 half ;)