Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mona Fartlek

I added a bit to the version of Mona Fartlek that you read about.

The session I did tonight was:
1 x 120secs, 2 x 90secs, 4 x 60secs, 4 x 30secs, 4 x 15secs. I added the 2 minute bit at the front.
Ran these at a pretty solid pace using a float recovery of the same time length. Meaning I was still moving pretty well when I did the recovery.

All up the session came to 25 minutes and I covered 5:32ks in that time.

I had a 1.25k warmup to get to the oval I used and as I finished over the other side from where I started I had a 1.7k cool down jog back home.

The oval is pretty dark in places so it made it a bit hard to do the last bit with only 15secs of effort required.
Legs felt pretty good as it was all on grass. First time I have done this session and it felt quite good doing it.

4 comments:

Bernie G said...

I am glad you are doing some speed work to sharpen up your attack on the Dog. You know you my monies on ;-).

26miles said...

It's my favourite session ! You can do it anywhere but best if you can do it on an out & back course - turn at 10 mins and try to beat your starting point - that's how Mona developed it - with the longer intervals at the beginning it is easier to cover more ground in the first 10 mins - with the shorter intervals/recovery in the second 10 mins you have to work that much harder.

Sounds like the SF is holding up well - see you on Sunday.

Don Juan said...

That's a good sharpening session.

The Dog drives a hard bargain; have you put your sheep-station up as the wager. 10 minutes start would've been fair.

2P said...

I love the Mona's always leaves you feeling alive! - The 2 mins in front is a nice addition.