Friday, May 05, 2006

A warm 10ks in the park

A pretty late start tonight at 7:15 as I ran into Centennial Park.
While running around the grass trail a bat swooped across my face scaring the crap out of me.
Not sure what is worse in the park, the bats swooping at you or the possums screeching in the tree branch you run under.

Distance was 10.02 ks in a time of 53:03. Not fast but I am running without too many lights on a grass course with tree roots to dodge. Is that enough excuses?

Will do next run Sunday morning. It will have to be a long one to see if I can handle the Half in a couple of weeks.

4 comments:

2P said...

All things are relative Flakey - 53mins aint too shabby - maybe you should be wearing a clove of garlic when you run ;-)

Katie said...

There ar no bats or tree roots in the half ;-) It is not the same Cameron unles he changed his last name, doubtful! and YES I am doing as I am told... he was pretty clear about not running until he tells me I can :-)

Don Juan said...

Your progress looks pretty good, 5min/km pace is respectable. Good luck with the longer stuff. Still two weeks to play with.

Horrie said...

What have you done to upset Batfink? He sounded pretty angry with you.