Sunday, May 28, 2006

Park Prowler 22ks

Looked out the window and saw that the sky was clear so headed out in just the singlet and shorts with the sunnies on.
Unfortunately it took over an hour for the cloud to move so the sun could warm me up a bit. It was pretty chilly at the start at 6:45 this morning.

Into Centennial Park on a car free day. There were heaps of cyclists and runners about early. Did the usual run around the outside fence on the dirt/grass trail. A bit of water about after the overnight showers made the shoes a bit dirty. There were a few tri guys doing brick sessions as I saw a some doing laps in their bike gear with running shoes on.

Covered 22ks in 2:00:33. Average pace of 5:28 per klm. Legs felt pretty sore today, especially the right calf near the stress fracture. I guess it needs the practice after some time off.

Ran into Don Juan late in my run as he was heading back home up through Oxford St.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Chilly is an unnderstatement! I was very underdressed andnearly got back in the car. took me half an hour to warm up, but I am a wus!! great run yesterday... getting the old speed back :-)

2P said...

Nice work on the 6k but don't overdo things mate - look after those legs ;-)

Tesso said...

If its that chilly maybe you should wear a balaclava and be a real Park Prowler :-)