Sunday, May 07, 2006

Park Monster-30ks

Ran into Centennial Park early this morning about 6:45 am. Was very chilly on the first lap making my eyes water and nose run. And then the sun came up with the warm Northerly breeze, and kept getting warmer.

Ran ok for the first 3 laps but doing a 4th and part of a 5th lap starting getting boring.
Lots of dogs, runners and cyclists in the park this morning.

Ran into Royworlds in the toilet, and then Sparkie, Don Juan, Easy Tiger and Lucy all doing Sweat training.
I went past Shuffling feet in disguise as she was running towards Queens Park. I guess that sighting counts.

Any way, distance was 30ks on purpose in a time of 2:46:29. Average pace of 5:33 per klm. Not bad pace on a sandy, rocky, tree rooted path.
My longest run since July last year. Stress fracture didn't hurt at all which is real good. The rest of the body is a different matter. Someone come over and get me a gatorade from the fridge as I am having trouble walking.

9 comments:

Jen said...

What 10% rule ;-)

Seriously, I'm really pleased to today went well for you. So what is the bet that's been laid for the SMH Half ?

Superflake said...

10% a day isn't it. I have not worked it out yet. Probably beers and he will have to give me 15mins most likely.

Ewen said...

That's great SF! Sounds like you're back.

You'll be dropping more than 10% if you do SMH, ;-)

Don Juan said...

Great work out; you're almost doing my six foot track training program.

Moore park breaks up the monotony if you can beat the golfers.

Ellie80 said...

wow - just a quick run then :) nice work on the recovery!

miners said...

Great to see you racking up some serious kms again Flake. Hope the stressie pain stays away for good mate.

Shame not to see you at North Head though. Next time ok?

2P said...

Wow SF it must give you a great sense of accomplishment to look back a few weeks in your blog to see how far you have come in a relatively short time on your comeback. Be back to the old SF in no time flat ;-)

Horrie said...

Great to see you getting back into it Flake. Look forward to hooking up with you soon for some training. Sunday long run or some 1km reps after SMH.

Tesso said...

I thought it was going to be a 30k cycle when I read the heading. Well done! That's one hell of a comeback long run. Glad to hear there was no pain afterwards.