Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Park Run 12k's

A warm 17 degrees tonight and it was time to do some training again after the half on Sunday.
Into Centennial Park along the grass trail and up to Oxford St and then down to Anzac Pde and back again. The Park trust in there great wisdom lopped a dead tree a few weeks ago. I found out tonight they chainsawed the tree up but left it covering the trail. Steeplechase in the dark without a water landing was an option, but I found a way around it.

Ran 12.2ks tonight in a time of 1:01:40. Average pace of 5:03 per klm.
Didn't run it too quick just an easy first run after the half on Sunday. Legs felt good during the run with no evidence of the stressie complaining about the tar on Sunday.

Will probably do the East Met cross country on Saturday and then a long run on Sunday this week.

3 comments:

Gronk said...

Good to see your legs were hurting too SF. I will go for my first run tonight I think. Def wont be banging them out at 5:00/km pace though. I'll stick with a nice easy Cliff Young shuffle I think. :)

Tesso said...

17 degrees - luxury. I think it was 7 here this morning. Though it didn't feel that bad under 10 layers of running clothes.

Don Juan said...

Good recovery run.

See you at East Met CC on Saturday. I'll be glancing over my shoulder expecting to see you there.