Thursday, February 17, 2005

Midweek Semi Long Run 20.3klms

After discussion about pace at Canberra and tips from Ray James. Thanks Ray.
The need was to make my semi long runs at Marathon pace. Which for my goal at Canberra is 4:30 per klm.
I thought I needed my Long slow 30+ k runs to be faster.
In fact need these ones at Marathon pace.
Last week covered 17klms in 1 hr 21mins which is 4:45 per klm.

Late afternoon/tonights run as the sun set in the west and the moon half came out was still a bit windy but excellent conditions.
Ran 20.3klms in 1 hr 27:34 Average of 4:18 per klm. I felt really good running this pace and did not feel like I was pushing myself hard. Ran through the 10k in 42:55. So pretty even run.
To prove it heart rate average 153BPM with max of 161BPM. Nice and relaxed.
Bring on Canberra!

5 comments:

Horrie said...

You are smoking at the moment Superflake. The only thing that's going to stop you running sub 3:10 at Canberra is injury or your inexperience at running over 42.2km. It probably wouldn't hurt you to take a few of your long runs up to 35km just to let you know what you're in for at Canberra as your legs start to get heavier after 30km.

Spud said...

Smokin Superflake, things are looking good for you. I would echo Horrie's comments and push out a few of your weekend long runs to 35-36km, just don't hammer them, easy pace, time on feet etc.

Good stuff!

Superflake said...

Thanks Guys. I agree I need to push the runs from now on out to the 35-38k mark. Don't want to shuffle the last 12k.

Rob said...

Excellent work Superflake. Getting those longer runs in will also build your confidence.

Martin said...

mate, this is what you call a great lead up to your first marathon! How long you in Melbourne for?