Saturday, October 22, 2005

Bike and Swim

Yes it is true. This is not a test.

Went to the gym at Aussie Stadium. The closest one to me and free sort of.
Hopped onto what looked like an exercise bike but actually had arm rests and a beer holder.

Not sure how all the buttons worked on the machine. I wasn't asking.
Hit the warmup button and discovered I had a 7 minute warmup. Managed to cover 2.2 klms during the warmup.

The program was then 20 minutes in which I covered 9 klms. I set the machine so it would throw in the occassional hill.
It then went onto a 2minute warm down in which I covered another 600 metres.

So a total of 29 minutes cycling and covered 10.8 klms. I think I had the bike set on 10 out of 20 for hardness. The fat old bloke next to me had his on 7 so not much of an achievement setting it on 10. Discovered muscles in my arse that I didn't know existed. Arghhh.

Then into the 25metre pool for a few laps. Outdoor heated pool which was not crowded so had the lane to myself. Thank god as I had enough trouble going straight.
Did 500metres and it hurt like hell. I think I managed 50metres without stopping once.
Forgot to time this. Best guess is 20minutes total including stopping.
It has been a long time since I did laps in a pool. Maybe 10 years.
Much prefer catching waves in the surf.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Good on you 'Flake.

I took your advice today re chocolate therapy. The Owl & I shared a chocolate tarte with wattle seed ice cream at lunch today. Divine. My ITB is feeling better already ;-)

J.

Katie said...

good on you superflake!! I am also swimming and gyming at the moment! I hope your butt recovers :)

Clairie said...

Thanks for the laugh Superflake! I can picture you going zigzagging across the lanes :)

Might have to add in a few extra metres to you total distance seeing as you weren't going exactly 'straight'.

Good effort though after 10years of no 'lap' session.