Monday, October 03, 2005

A hot morning in the Park-12.6ks

After two dirty hangovers in 2 days it was time to do some running.

Woke up this morning with bruises all over my body. The go karting was excellent yesterday but hell on the body. I have bruises on my back and hips plus an elbow.

Finally started out at 9 am and it was already 25 degrees. Thats hot.

Ran up to Centennial Park and ran around on the grass. A bit cooler in there with the tree shade.
Ran 12.60 ks in a time of 1:10:01. Average pace of 5:33 per klm.

Very hot morning. Legs felt good, as for the rest of the body. I feel like crap. I need a sleep now.

Aim for the rest of the week is to get in 2 more faster runs and then the half on Sunday after a wedding Saturday. Could be ugly. Get the buckets ready.

1 comment:

Horrie said...

No sympathy from me Flake as it is all self inflicted. Are you sure you're ready for the half on Sunday? Maybe that is rushing it a bit. Remember, you are in it for the long haul.