Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Bike

Went to the gym for a ride on an exercise bike. I was looking to swim as well, but due to the heat every man and his dog was in the pool. To save having a head-on in the lane I just used the gym instead.

Used a conventional exercise bike this time. Used the same programs as on Saturday.
Which meant a 7 minute warmup in which I covered 2.3ks.
I then did the 20 minute program which throws in an occassional hill, with a 2 minute warm down after that. I covered 9ks during the 22minutes.

I wouldn't have a clue if any of that is good or bad. But it certainly works the legs without getting any impact on the stress fractures. Which is why I am doing this.

3 comments:

Jen said...

If it's working your legs without affecting your stressy, then its good. No doubt about it :-)

J.

PS Maybe your stressy needs some chocolate therapy - or maybe a few hours of daggy dancing at Retro ;-)

Anonymous said...

How was the scenery during your ride?

Was there any snow at the top of the hills?

Did you go it solo up front or ride with the peloton?

Superflake said...

Blue Dog If I find snow while out riding I'll be getting off the bike and ski-ing back down the hills.