Sunday, October 09, 2005

Striders Internal Half Marathon

The morning is run as a handicap so we all finish at about 8:30am.
The first starters went off at 6am and the last at 7:15am.

I had to start at 6:55am as I was given a revised handicap by O Runner of 95mins.

I knew I wouldn't run to that as I have not run over 13ks since mid July.

True to present fitness I got around in a time of 1:43:30. My watch time which I started a bit late. Happy with that time as running a half in 5 min/ks is a good at the moment for me.

Pace was 4:54 per klm. No apparent soreness with the stress fractures.

Next weekend is SMC 10k. I may run all on tar, I'll see how I feel

2 comments:

Horrie said...

Good to see that you got through the Half injury free. The next few days will be interesting to see how you recover. Looking forward to seeing you out at SMC next Sunday.

Gronk said...

Very happy that your still in once piece SF. Your sensible approach to your injury is paying off.