Sunday, October 16, 2005

SMC 10K

Spotted many CR caps and tops when I entered the carpark for the race.
A lot cooler morning than last month and no humidity.

I hadn't decided what pace to run at, just to push as much as the leg and lungs would handle.

Always start a bit too hard at this course, found out first k was about 4mins with the 2.5k coming in about 10:30.

I stopped at every drink station and walked through to give myself a rest.

Ended up running with Papa Luigi from the 5 to 7.5k urging him to go faster. Which he did for a 1 minute PB.

I finished in 44:18 behind Papa and Horrie and Professor.
5 minutes faster than last month without doing an ounce of speed work. And the other race was only 3 weeks ago. Gotta love that.

Still undecided on whether to run the Maroubra Fun Run(8k) as I did it last year.
If the leg is ok I will do it, if not will probably head up to my Surf Club and do the swim/board and run races on the sunday morning.

No comments: