Saturday, December 15, 2007

Homebush Track 3000m

Well after a lot of chaos at work I finally arrived at the track with only 15 mins to go before the race. So consequently no time to warm up at all and I wasn't even mentally switched on to race after what happened at work.
A balmy 27 degrees when the race started and I really wished that I hadn't turned up for the race. The clock didn't work for our race at all which was the open male. It worked for the masters/U17/U20 race after ours.
Didn't press my stopwatch straight away so splits are a bit out.

3:26, 3:40, 3:40. But with not starting the watch straight away they are out of whack. The final time was 10:49. It really was humid out at Homebush.
I think I just retired from the track for the summer. Maybe not Bankstown has a mile race on next week which I might run.
Yes I ran really bad!

3 comments:

Ewen said...

No... you ran really, really bad! Anytime you don't lap me in a 3000 is a shocker.

Sounds like all things were against you for a good race.

I'd be trying to get there an hour before the start to do a 3k+ warm-up, stretches, drills, strides, get the head in the right place, etc.

Good luck at Bankstown!

Jen said...

Don't be too hard on yourself Flakey. Sometimes life (and particularly work) doesn't deal us the best card. Don't retire yet !

Tesso said...

Hey, I wouldn't say you ran really bad, just you didn't run really well. Big difference.