Saturday, May 29, 2010

Aths NSW Cross Country Relays 4k

At Miranda park down at Miranda. Funny that! Same course as last year with the same conditions. Mud up to your ankles for nearly 1.5k of the 2k lap. Was great fun.

I was in a 35+ team with EJ off first, then me, then Nick B, and Steve Parker last. EJ I think did 17:30 for his 4k. 2 laps of 2k with some small hills and plenty of mud and water. No rain during the race.

My turn came and I went off a bit too quick. Actually forgot to check the 2k split but finished in 15:28 off my watch. Last year was 16:52 in the mud, so a much fitter and faster flake this year.
Nick came in at 15:21 I think he said and Steve finished off with a 14:30 maybe.

Good fun. Hopefully one year we can get the course on dry day. I think the 55+ males won gold, and the 45+ females gold. Plus two of the junior teams won silvers. Blue Dog's mum was seen lurking on the course at one stage shouting abuse at me about HTF something. Couldn't hear her I think she forgot to put her teeth in.
Randwick Botany Harriers last two runners were Roff and Hunt. Talent!

No comments: