Thursday, June 08, 2006

5x1k Reps

Back to my usual haunt of keeping the late workers amused as I tear along beside the busway on Alison Rd. The course is pretty dark with the tree cover for the first 200m and then is well lit the rest of the way. Just have to look out for a bit of mud from the rain, and some tree roots at the start.
It is pretty flat and I don't have any cars on it as it is a bike/foot path made of tar. So the dark bit is the first 200m and then the last 200m when I come back the other way. Enough explaining.

Reps were 3:56, 3:50, 3:56, 3:55, 3:56. With a 2 minute walk recovery between each rep.

Very hard work these ones tonight. I don't where I pulled that 3:50 from as that is basically uphill a bit when I run back.
I really don't feel that my speed is returning as I felt like I was running on the spot for these.

Coming up I have a short 7.5k Cross Country this Saturday and then State Long Course 12k at Nowra next week. Hills as big as City 2 Surf and the guys do 3 laps. Bugger!

6 comments:

Spud said...

Seems to me you are getting faster Paul, looking at your 1km reps from last week.
Good stuff.

Tesso said...

I agree with Spud.

Dunno how you can do that sort of stuff on you own. Wonder how much faster you would do them if yoy were in a group and had somebody to chase.

Katie said...

See you tommorow :-)

Hehehe I have this Nowra hill built up in my mind to be a mountain- very scary!!!

Don Juan said...

You've had a long lay off, so the speed over 1km will take a while since it requires a strong base. Patience, and it will come.

Jen said...

Wow. Bloody hell. Not bad for a bloke who had so much time off...

R2B said...

Nice reps Paul!
Very consistant....
I signed up for ANSW yesterday now that i am over my fracture (ala yourself i see)
can't wait for Nowra it will be a killer!I came dead last in the opens last year so i hope to make amends for that this year hehe.

Ps are you coming down for Kj's half this year?


Cheers R2B