Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Lakes are a flooding

Ran out in the gap between a few showers tonight and it lasted about 20 minutes before the rain came down and buried me.
And then the wind started to blow so I just decided bugger it. Cold and wet I'm going inside.
So I did one lap of Centennial Park trying to avoid a few of the large puddles that had formed on the grass trail without success and ran home.

The guy at the servo was very impressed when I made a puddle while standing still waiting in line to be served.
Any way it was 7.25ks in 37:45. Average pace of 5:12 per klm. Very slack in the rain.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like we have a new candidate for the Blouse...

;-)

Tesso said...

No rain up here rather absolutely perfect winter running conditions - sunny, cool but not cold, the slightest hint of a breeze. Only downside is the even tighter water restrictions about to come in, its getting so bad we might have to use beer when we clean our teeth :-)

miners said...

I first read this as you "ran out TO the Gap", and then I was worried that you'd thrown yourself off, and then I realised you couldn't have typed this, and then I realised I'm a doofus

Don Juan said...

it's pretty foul out there in the rain at the park. Better get a water-proof blouse.