Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Long Reps 4x2ks. Total 10ks

Secret training around the bay run tonight. I think I saw Aunty K in ipod land running away from me at Drumoyne and Guzzo passed about the same time.

Did a 1k warmup down to the CR1K marker. Then did 4x2k reps down to the 5k marker and back to the 1k again. Then did a 1k cool down back to the car.

Reps were 7:51, 8:00, 8:02, 8:04. Have only ever done these long ones once so don't have the practice of holding the pace for that long. I had a 4 minute walk recovery between each rep.

It was a nice cool night around the bay, so ran in singlet and shorts. It get's a bit dark running along between the 4 and 5k markers but otherwise all was fine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oy!

Next time you sneak some secret training in in my backyard, share the secret with me under the cone of silence - I'm needing some motivation at the moment ok? :)

Prof

26miles said...

I ran along the same strip last night also. I saw Guz at about the 1k mark as I was heading up to the Rowers - we must have passed each other. Let me know if you ever want company.

Don Juan said...

Secret training for sutherland to surf. Got the Dog worried, losing sleep.