Thursday, June 01, 2006

Lets get Serious 4x1k Reps

Horrie did make a comment that he thought I might be serious about running again if I did some 1k reps. Well tonight's the night baby.

The reps were 4:00, 4:04, 4:06, 4:01. All done with a 2 minute walk recovery.
The leg felt ok running on the tar, a little hard with the racing flats on but otherwise ok. If I could have found a fur ball to cough up during the reps I would have. Breathing was not the best.

First reps since late January so I was expecting a lot slower times. Quite happy with how I went.
I am really not sure how I will go on Saturday at the Striders race at Lane Cove. Just play it by ear and try not to be beaten by Papa Liugi.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Wow. Great session Flakey given how long it's been. Horrie & Papa are in trouble ;-)

Tesso said...

I dream of rep times like that at the moment.

Well done. And just think how satisfying it will be to watch them get quicker and quicker from now on.

2P said...

Nice job SF - I'm good for 1 at that pace - anymore than that it is not a fur ball but the whole cat!

;-)

Don Juan said...

Good session; you'll be closer to the Dog than the Papa tomorrow. Good luck out there.

Unknown said...

I'll never be ble to catch you if you keep getting faster, SF - slow down a bit!

Spud said...

Nice reps Flake, I suspect I'll be chasing you tomorrow.