Sunday, June 04, 2006

Root Canal Therapy-20ks

No not the dental kind.
After a very late night at my Surf Clubs annual dinner I didn't get a chance to run this morning. After a visit to the parents to watch the Swans match I eventually headed out about 5 pm for a run.

A few laps around Centennial Park in and out of the park depending on the darkness falling. While on the last leg back home tripped on one tree root and landed on another one with my hip copping the brunt. I'm sure to have a good bruise on it tomorrow as it did bring up some blood.

Run was 20:02ks in a time of 1:45:16. Average pace of 5:15 per klm. Very happy with that pace. Got the heavy leg feeling near the finish of the run so I guess that is good.

5 comments:

Don Juan said...

You deserved a day off today. You haven't been back in full training for too long.

Well done for shaping up for the relays on short notice.

Horrie said...

That's a very solid run after Saturday's effort. Make sure you stay in one piece.

Spud said...

Get yourself a good headlamp.
<-)

Katie said...

Great to see you out there on Saturday! Without you they would not have had a team... hehe I was thanking my lucky stars they all tuned up- phew!
See you around the park!

TD said...

That really was root canal surgery, but thank goodness you didn't seem to do any major damage.