Monday, June 12, 2006

Race Schedule

Since I'm resting today I was bored watching Collingwood get flogged by Melbourne, so I thought I would put up some races I'm doing next.
Can't be bothered making a table for them and this is easy.

June 17th: State Longcourse Cross Country 12k at Nowra.
June 18th: Mini Mos-Marathon 10ks at Mosman. Chasing the big prize money. Haha.
June 25th: Kembla Joggers Half Marathon at Dapto.
July 1st: Striders 10k at Homebush.
July 8th: East Met 6k Cross Country at Pagewood.
July 15th: State Short Course Cross Country 8k at Bankswtown.
July 23rd: Sutherland to Surf 11k or Hunter Valley Half Marathon at Pokolbin.

The only one of this I'm unsure of is Sutherland Surf like last year or getting a bottle of wine plus lucky draw prizes up at the Hunter.
And do I want a long race that weekend when I need the short speed for C2S three weeks later.
The Hunter half course doesn't appear to be fast as there is a fair bit of grass and gravel running.

I know do I want to race every weekend. Yes if I don't encounter pain in my leg while doing it. Three of these are on grass anyway so not too much damage to the leg.

2 comments:

vat_man said...

Only concern with the Sutherland to Surf is how the leg will stand to the long downhill on the very hard surfaces, but I guess it is 6 weeks away, so you've got plenty of time between now and then to consolidate.

Don Juan said...

I reckon a shorter speed session before city to surf is better than a tough half.