Thursday, June 22, 2006

A medal for me

The illustrious Striders 35+ age group team that was entered for the SMH Half won a Bronze medal. The medals are based on NSW Athletics registered athletes who run the race and then the Striders put the team names forward after that.
A weird system I know but it does work.

The Striders had 5 male teams with three Gold, one Silver and our Bronze the outcome.
The women had only one team and they won gold in the opens.

My first ever running medal!!! Yeehah
Must buy some wood this weekend to start on the trophy cabinet.
The team was O Runner, Blue Dog, Anthony Wong and myself.
I was the anchor.

7 comments:

Spud said...

Nice one, another Strider wins some bling.
Well done mate!

Clairie said...

I find it incredibly hard to believe that is your first bling.

I think perhaps you should come to Brisbane where the competition is fierce but friendly. You would certainly be up for some awards then.

Congrats on the bronze and I doubt any of the striders would see you as an 'anchor'.

Go get that wood......

miners said...

gee you're tough on yourself - I thought you ran a pretty good time for an anchor ;)

So is the wood for the trophy cabinet, or the pool room that you need to build?

Dave said...

Other than the finishers medals for various full and half marathons this is also my first bling! What a team and a tremendous performance as the anchor ;)

Don Juan said...

Congratulations Paul. It'll be the first of many medals.

Horrie said...

Congrats on the bling Flake. Bling is good!

Tesso said...

Woohoo a medal! See, you are a superhero.