Sunday, June 11, 2006

Cockatoo Corner 23ks

I saw a flock of Yellow tailed Black Cockatoo's in Centennial Park this morning. Never seen them before only ever the white Major Mitchell's. They look like this http://www.amonline.net.au/factsheets/cockatoo.htm

I was in Centennial Park for a run as well. Ran around the very wet and muddy grass trail on the outside fence plus some loops around a park on Anzac Pde. The park certainly had more water lying around than Sydney Park had yesterday afternoon. Very muddy shoes after this session.

Distance was 23.3 ks in a time of 2:12:06. Slack average pace of 5:40 per klm.
Legs felt pretty sore today after the struggle in the mud race yesterday.

Spotted Long Arms and Royworlds in the park when I started and then Fake Plastic Trees up on Oxford St about 2 hrs later. Back running again after his 2nd stressie.

Next week I hav a low klm weekend as I have State Longcourse 12k XC on Saturday at Nowra and then am doing the Mini-Mosmarathon 10k on Sunday. Chasing prize money. Yeah right.

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Spot any other good looking birds out there Flakey?

Katie said...

Of course you don't see them, you run at night with the bats!! It is so nice to see so many of them around the park lately... they are pretty rare- I love them! Sprung.... a bit of a bird nerd :-)

I am sure we will kill that hill next week ;-) We can finish and say " hill? What hill?" (Yeah right)

Don Juan said...

That mini-Mos prize money is up for grabs.
From the photos I saw from last year at Mosman, the bird life is pretty good too.