Sunday, June 18, 2006

Mini-MosMarathon 10k

Wasn't sure how I would go considering this is a hilly course and I ran the Cross Country yesterday at Nowra. Oh well I love the feeling of racing and chasing people so it was worth it.

The start was mucked up by the designated starter with a very quiet, ready set go when we all thought she was going to talk about Camp Quality. I took up a spot in the front row. I guess the club singlet makes some people think you can run fast so they let you stand in front of them. They can't be reading my blog lately.

I didn't bother taking any splits so just have my finish time of 41:57 which is actually a race PB by 1 second over last year. I thought this new course was hillier than last year, and with my lack of recent speed it was a good time. Came 51st(47th last year) out of about 630. 17th in age group. One year I might do this race without anything on the day before.

Martin Dent won in 30:10 ahead of Scott Westcott and Dave Byrne. Womens was won by Anna Thompson ahead of Kerryn McCann and Liz Miller.
Mark Tucker won the men's 5k and I didn't hear the women's.
Met Barefoot after the race and also Jen Runs twice on the course when she was cheering for me. Next week is Kembla Joggers half at Dapto. Hope the conditions are better than last years heavy rain.

2 comments:

Don Juan said...

You're a racing machine backing up after Nowra.

Very good run. Take it easy tomorrow.

Jen said...

Yes, that's me - your personal cheer squad ;-)

Well done 'Flakey on a huge weekend!