Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bay Run 8x1k Reps

Seriously I have not defected to the West. Checked out Timbrell Park and confirmed what 26Miles and Langswm said about it. That place has no lights up one side so was pitch black, and has it's own fog. Very weird.
So I ran from the CR3k mark down to the CR5k mark and back for these. And the ground is really wet up near the 5k finish.

Reps were 3:51, 3:50, 3:48, 3:47, 3:47, 3:51, 3:48, 3:48. All done with a 2 minute walk recovery. I should make the recovery shorter. But I really would like the reps faster. Legs felt great. Just kept talking to myself to keep the leg turnover up and not slack off.

Saw Guz cruising the bay again as I was parking my car. This time near Timbrell Park. Also saw 26 Miles and SilverFox doing a long lap of the bay from where they live.
Had a few spits of rain during the 3rd and 4th reps but otherwise nothing. As I left to go home and got to Anzac Bridge the heavens opened and it was raining buckets all the way back to Randwick. Hope the guys got home before that came in.

A really good runner said to me today: "Keep at it, Consistency will bring results." A lesson to be learned I feel.
Thanks for everyones comments lately, very much appreciated. Go the Socceroos!

4 comments:

26miles said...

Good to see you getting in more secret training ! Nick & I were doing a tempo effort - got rained on about 3k from home and it pissed down ! Let us know if you want to hook up for some training with Nick and I. We might also be going out to homebush soon for trackwork on Thursdays.

Anonymous said...

Now listen pal, Timbrell not is not "The West" as you put it, its a mighty fine training track with some pretty good surrounds just "east" of "the west"...

Crikey Flake, those k's suggest to me you're well and truely back - Congrtats mate, its been a long road. I'm missing the gym;bike stories though...NOT!

Prof

Tesso said...

Great time for those 1k reps, especially considering you did eight of them. Your Friday rest day is well deserved.

Horrie said...

That is some speed session Flake. You are coming back with a bang. I reckon sub 40 is on the cards at Homebush next week. Good luck in the half tomorrow.