Friday, June 02, 2006

A very wet friday night

After a team member pulled out of the illustrious Striders 35+ A team for the Aths NSW relays due to injury, I am now running.
To save too many changes in the team running order I get to go off first for the team.
I hope they have a bucket and spade so they can scrape me up when I'm done.

I get to chase Easy Tiger, Planet Sumo and Bright Shoes around a 4k grass and sandy course at Ramsgate. Those three CR's are the first runners in our other teams. Lucky it is only 4ks as I'm sure I would be lapped otherwise.

I take off then pass to Vat, who passes to Timinerko, who passes to O Runner to anchor us home. Should be fun with all the rain we have had this afternoon. Nice and muddy.

So now I won't be running the Striders 10k tomorrow, just helping.

3 comments:

Jen said...

You star! Good luck - follow this rain stops otherwise we'll both be relying on our swimming skills this weekend!

Don Juan said...

It's a very sandy soil at Scarborough Park according to Sean, so the course should hold up OK.

See you there.

Dave said...

Yup, thats me the anchor :)

Compared to those guys I'll look like I am an anchor! Thinking I'll run the 10km and back up but will see in the morning.