Thursday, February 07, 2008

Marathon Pace 10k

Great weather for ducks. 20k wind, heavy rain and 85% humidity. Ran around Centennial Park along the busway to Fox Studios and back. Actually did it twice so I could do the 10ks.

Very hard work in the wind. It is 2.5k out and back. So splits were 9:49, 19:35, 29:33, 39:48.

So all up 10ks in 39:48. Average pace of 3:59 per klm.

I wasn't sure I could do the MP pace for this distance. I'm guessing getting to 20k at MP is going to be just a bit tougher.

It was me gnscon on Dangar st. Used it out and back.

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Funny how marathon pace over such a 'short' distance feels so hard. Makes me wonder how we manage it (or at least close to it) on the big day.

Anonymous said...

MP @ 3:59/km. You going for 2:48 at Canberra :) No chance that I will keep up with you.

Ewen said...

Sub-40 in training is a good effort. A shame you're missing the State 10,000 - you would have been on for a PB.