Monday, February 18, 2008

Recovery Run 7ks

Around Centennial Park on the grass tonight. Nice warm night with the almost full moon.
Ran 7.2ks in 38:15. Average pace of 5:18 per klm.

What was the reason for the sub 4 min ks?

Since I ran 3:03 twice last year I figured doing 4 mins faster for a sub 3 hr didn't hold much appeal for me. So why not.

Thanks for everyones comments. I see all your points about not going after the 2:48.
But I do like these for motivation.

"Find a purpose in life so big it will challenge every capacity to be at your best".

"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face ... we must do that which we think we cannot."

2 comments:

Ewen said...

2:48 is possible. From how your training's been going, don't know if it'll be Canberra though. Sorry, that's just my pragmatic side showing. Now harm in going for it though.

For what it's worth, Trevor Jacobs is only running 17:35 for 5k on the track - he'll probably run 2:45-8.

Jen said...

I love that last quote - though I've read it again recently. I can't remember where...