Friday, November 18, 2005

Eliptical Trainer & Bike

Tried the eliptical trainer. Well the machine where you run without moving your feet I think and it has the two long poles to hang onto. Bloody stupid machine it nearly killed me.
Have not used it before so had to search around the menu first to select something.
Found the forest walk program felt more like forest gump afterwards.

It had 2 hills in it and I set it for 5ks, I didn't realise how hard that machine was to move fast on. It took me 55:58 to do the 5ks. I was sweating like a pig after 500 metres and I still had another 4.5ks to go. Top heart rate was 168BPM with an average of 148. My feet copped the brunt of most of the pain. I must have been lifting my heels too much and sliding forward in my shoes while using it.

Finished off with 15 minutes on the exercise bike where I covered 4.8ks. Average heart rate of 145 with a top of only 165.

I now feel absolutely stuffed after workout.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hehe. I hate that machine too

Glad to hear that your persistence with the freakin' bike overlooking the pool has been rewarded ;-)

Tesso said...

I'm too scared to get on that eliptical thing at my gym! Now I know why.