Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Swim, a run, and almost another win

Went to my Surf Club this morning for their Sunday races.

Found out my shocking attempt at swimming 2 weeks ago didn't give me a better handicap.
So I still swam like a brick in the pretty rough surf. There was also a hell shore break making the other events very interesting when they came back to the beach.

In the run I was given a 30 second handicap after my win last week. The guy I beat on the line, so by 1 second basically was given 20 seconds. He was the 2nd last to start.
The tide was coming up so the sand was very soft.
I managed to keep him pretty close till the end and he finished about 3 seconds ahead.
Hopefully next race in 2 weeks we are only 5 seconds apart in handicap. The ten seconds was a bit hard to reel back in.

I did time the run as well with my stop watch and it was 2:50. Unsure of distance probably close to 750-800metres, but it varies all the time by 10-20 metres depending on where they decide to start from. Doesn't matter it's the finish that counts for points.

1 comment:

Gronk said...

SF I was down at Bronte yesterday morning wrangling nippers as a parent helper. That shore break (read: washing machine) was nasty ! Smashed me a few times ! :)