Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The getting of Wisdom

Actually the loss of wisdom as the wisdom tooth was pulled this afternoon.
Had a little abcess below the tooth.
Better to take the pain now than later when it became too bad.

It really wasn't painful as they put three needles into your mouth first.
Then get a pair of pliers that my mechanic would love to own and pull the bugger out.

So today is a rest day as apparently an elevated heart rate from any exercise would make the hole in my gum bleed. So I'll do the 1k reps tomorrow night.

Anyone fainted yet?

And Miners I have an extra 4kgs of weight over last year at this time so why waste extra on shoes. So the racing flats will get their longest workout from me in a race. Previous was 11k at Sutherland to Surf a couple of weeks ago.

8 comments:

miners said...

actually, that's not a bad strategy with the power/weight ratio stuff. I reckon I'm carrying a couple of extra kgs too - might pull out the flats as well.

Which ones are your poison at the moment?

Superflake said...

Asics magic racers.Not really a go fast colour in boring red,white and blue. I wanted lairy green/orange/red ones.

Jen said...

Nope. Still here. I can handle blood & guts. Talk of bats in Centennial though gives me the heebie-geebees

Don Juan said...

I need some racers too.

Let me know what's out there and worth a look.

Tesso said...

Youch!

Louise said...

have you warned the tooth fairy?

I still have all 4 of mine in a plastic container somewhere - I'm waiting to cash them on for something really good, lol.

Anonymous said...

Paul,
On first reading i mistakenly thought you had written

'apparently an elevated heart rate from any exercise would make the hole in my bum bleed'

and I was seriously thinking of retiring from all sport!

Whew! I'm glad I read it a second time.

With all your health issues this year it has really been an 'annus horribilis.'

We do hope things improve for you.

R2B said...

Did you have sore feet after 11k in them Flake?

I will be wearing DS Trainers not flats but i haven't given them a crack over 5km yet...

I do reckon the colour and style help with the pace though!