Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mona Fartlek + Hill Reps

Well back down to the Bay Run again, the scene of last Sunday's debacle.
I guess it is right what they say. Some days are like diamonds and some days are like coal.
Sunday was Coal and today was a Diamond.

With Hamstring still hurting I decided to tackle a flake modified version of the Mona Fartlek.
Mine is 28mins instead of the standard 20mins.
Started from the CR 4k marker and worked my way back around the bay to past the 1k marker and then turned at the 14minute point. Ran back to the start and managed to do 6.8ks in the 28mins. Average pace of 4:07 per klm. Best yet! Can't work that out.

Spotted Shell, Guz and Fats working out around various parts of the Bay tonight.

As I had parked at Lilyfield to do the Fartlek I decided to do some hill reps as well.
Did 10 reps of Lilyfield Rd hill, and then went home.

2 comments:

Gronk said...

OK so you did a fartlek session then Lilyfield Rd hill reps ? Wimp ! ;-)

Don Juan said...

We all have coal and diamond days.

You're going to shame me if I run Lane Cove and then wimp ANSW Wollongong with a lame excuse.