Saturday, June 04, 2005

Striders Lane Cove 10k race PB 39:48

Have not done much training since the SMH Half 2 weeks ago. So I was expecting to struggle for endurance during the race. I did feel like this happened anyway even if I did PB.

The plan was to do sub 40mins again so that worked. Beat the old PB by 6 seconds.
I actually hurt my left hip on the bone on Thursday night doing intervals. Damn pot holes.

The day dawned cold and foggy. Could Action see Blue Dog in the mist? Time would tell.
Started just in front of MPHaz the 40min pacer. Ran consistently even splits, I was 7:50 at the 2k and 15:50 at the 4k and hit the 5k at 20:10 after doing scribblys hill and before the turnaround hill.
6k was 24:05. At this point MPHaz caught up and I thought I was going to get mown down by the train. He ran ahead a bit but I managed to keep pushing to only have Marty about 10 metres ahead most of the way to the finish.
7k split was 28:02, 8k 32:05 9k 36:10 and then a quicker 3:38 to finish with 39:48 and a PB.

Thanks to MPHaz to keeping me on the pace the last 4ks. He let me pass him at the rangers hut entrance.
Blue Dog was ahead all race but couldn't quite peg back the lead I let him have up Scribblys.
About 70metres and 11 seconds.
Hope to push down to 39:30 at Homebush next month. A much flatter course.

No comments: