Sunday, June 05, 2005

Striders STaR-Davidson Recreation-29.14ks

On arrival at Lindfield oval we were greeted by the prospect of an extra two ks being added by the host to the course. It was 27ks originally.

Started with the 6:10 group and from about 2ks it quickly split with a group roaring off in the distance. Clearly not sticking to the 5:30/k pace.

The group left included Professor, Truckie, Auntie K and Brian Ogilvy.
We basically stayed together most of the way till the last bush section.
We did see a boat catch on fire in middle harbour, which of course the Prof wanted to put out.

The run is an H4 so has heaps of hills and about 8ks of bush of which the last 6 are on a narrow rocky bush track with many ups and downs. Very enjoyable this section as you run along Middle Harbour and it was quite cool.
I ended up finishing with the Professor and had the ks as 29.14 in a time of 3:00:20.
Did I say we had hills. My slowest ever Long run. Over 6min ks.
I didn't want to push hard anyway as I hurt my hip Thursday and probably should not have run.

Next saturday I will be doing my first cross country race. The race is part of the East Metropolitan series and is at Sydney Park at Alexandria. 3 x 2.5ks of a hilly course. Should be fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sad that you devote so much time & effort into attempting to catch a 46 year-old Blue Dog.

You must learn to sit on the porch before you can run with the big dogs.