Wednesday, December 07, 2005

At the gym with the Doctor

Down to the gym again. Programmed the bike for the hills setting.

Got through 11ks in the 22 minutes. The computer didn't program in too many hills so had no chance to push hard. Really a slack session on the bike actually.

After the bike hopped onto the rowing machine.
Rowed 2000m in 8:38. Very hard work tonight. Felt buggered.

It was rugrat city in the pool so I couldn't get in for a swim. Would have been very nice in to.

After the workout I ran into my Sports Doctor at the gym. Asked a few questions about my stress fractures. He said I shouldn't be having pain anymore but I should be ok to run again but don't do it too hard at the start. Said to watch out if I had any bone pain.

Got to love the free medical advice. I intend to follow the program I just started and see how it goes. BTW the program is a 7 week one. Might be a little underdone at Canberra Marathon.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Take it easy 'Flaky. There will be many more marathons for you in the future but the most important thing right now is to get that dodgy leg of yours back to 100%.

J

PS Plenty of talent at my pool this morning :-)