Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Surf Club Swim and Run

With a dirty hangover from our Boxing Night party still ringing in my head I plunged into the surf for a welcome swim. There was a race on but I was in no condition to be swimming that fast.

Waited for the two other races to be finished and then the run came up.
After winning the last Round my handicap increased from 35 seconds to 45 seconds. My closest rival in the comp was still off 60 second handicap.

Legs felt very heavy as they would after a big night of beers and Rums and Loud music and 5 hours sleep. Tried to catch the front runner by half way but he had about 50 metres on me which I managed to whittle down to 5 metres by the finish. Timed it as 2:56 for the distance.

My closest competitor in the points finished one place behind me so I think that now makes us even after 6 rounds. Next race is January 1st and 2nd. Should be interesting.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Mmmmmmmm......rum :-)

Tesso said...

Congrats on the 2nd placing Flake! Sounds like another hundred meters and you would've had him. Maybe skip the loud music the night before next time ;-)