Sunday, July 17, 2005

Western Wanderer STaR 31.8ks

This STaR begins on the bay run at Drumoyne and passes through Chiswick, Abbotsford, Cabarita, Concord Golf Course, Five Dock and then a lap around Iron Cove bay to the finish.

I started with the 6:20 group which included Barry Rutter, Suzanne Kelly, Andrew T, Peter Cremen, Jo Cowan and David Martin.
Quite a pacey group I was having to keep up with.

The course is flat being H0 on the hills factor.
A few did the short cut options and we ended up going around the bay run with only 5 of us left with Suzanne Kelly driving the group.

Didn't catch the 6:10 today as they were pretty fast. Spotted Blue Dog after about 25 ks doing his 7am hosting run.

I eventually finished without the others as they were still too quick for me around the bay.
Ran 31.8ks in a time of 2:28:22. Average pace of 4:39 per klm. Same pace I ran for Canberra marathon this year.

My legs feel trashed now. Even the 6:10 group was fast with O Runner going through at 4:54 pace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Trashed legs"? I know exactly how that feels, Superflake, after GC marathon!