Thursday, January 17, 2008

3x1k Reps

Did these reps on the track at Kensington. Not many left when I started doing my session.
Really windy with the Southerly blowing, and the stand doesn't block too much when the wind comes from the South East which it was tonight.

Did a 2k warmup and then half a dozen strides before starting.

Reps were 3:21, 3:25, 3:26. All done with a 4 min walk recovery between each rep. Not very fast but the wind was really knocking me around.

Did a 2k cool down after finishing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Paulie. I couldn't help but notice this on CR -

"I'll be doing the 50k again. Hoping to run close to the 3:40 mark this time for the 50k. Which should equate to a sub 3hr Marathon beforehand."

Dear, dear, dear. Why do you put such pressure on yourself?

I hope you fare a little better with this than you have with some of your past predictions.

I suppose it's all good entertainment - I know it makes me laugh.

Love, Blue Dog's Mum. XXX

Ewen said...

Blue Dog's Mum has a cruel sense of humour.

I hope it's not windy Saturday night. 17:55 is doable if you run even splits. First km in 3:32-3 would be good. Might be helpful to have lap splits written on your hand (or have someone call them out) - if you drop 2 seconds in a lap you can try to adjust before it's too late.

Unknown said...

Thanks for comments on my blog, SF! Your encouraging remarks do me the world of good...thank you! Not too long till Canberra....WOW!