Sunday, January 20, 2008

Jack Carter Cup

One of my surf clubs marathon events. Entered as a team again with me doing the run. Plus we have a swimmer, ski paddler and board paddler.

We had a 5 min handicap as a team so the solo competitors wouldn't be embarrased being beaten by us. The swim is first, then the ski paddle and then I ran about 2ks on the sand to pass to the board paddler.

The team came first which is 3 years in a row for myself and the board paddler. No fluffy toys this time but a pair of dodgy sun glasses. All good fun. I passed three of the solo competitors during the run which was good. Got a bit burnt waiting for the ski paddler to finish.

The time for the 1st place solo was 1:17 which was the same time that our team did after the 5 min handicap was taken off. So a short half marathon in time.

No comments: