Monday, January 09, 2006

Tempo Run

A very humid (71%) 26 degrees tonight greeted me as I started.

The program was to do a 15 minute warmup and then run 15 minutes @ 15klm race pace.
No word of how fast the warmup was to be or how quick my race pace now is after injury.

Ran 2.72ks in the 15 minutes of the warmup. Average pace of 5:30 per klm.

I then tried to run the 15 minutes at 4 minute per k pace. Didn't quite get there. Got through 3.54klms in the 15 minutes. Average pace of 4:14 per klm.

I then did a 10 minute cool down jog covering 1.7ks in that time.

The legs liked travelling much better at this pace than they did doing those 100m strideouts last week. That's good just have to get the lungs to agree.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow; well done Flakey. But maybe you should have done more work on the bike and a bit less time admiring the talent ;-)

*kidding*